- Coordinate guest equipment rentals, i.e. canoes, kayaks, paddle boats,
motor boats, and bikes.
- Cleary communicate safe boating and equipment policies via a guest
- Assist guests in filling out rental agreements, processing of
rental payments and waivers.
- Ensure all safety equipment is included in every boat rental (i.e.
bailer, rope and paddle).
- Monitor guest activities on Pyramid Lake to ensure safety
- Maintain proper inventory of all boats, bikes and safety equipment throughout
- Keep all rentals (i.e. life vests, oars and paddles) clean and in
good working condition.
- Report any damages or wear and tear of boats and bikes to the Maintenance
- Beach and dock clean up.
- Assist in the retrieval of capsized boats and support Parks Canada with
Recovery efforts where requested.
- This position acts as a ‘floater’ providing additional support and
- The Front Desk; answering
and directing telephone calls, assisting with arrivals and departures,
and the resolution of minor guests complaints.
occasional cleaning and baggage handling.
watering plants and cleaning of public areas including the Fitness
Centre, hot tubs and washrooms.
- Other duties as assigned by the Hotel Manager.
- Grade 12 Diploma is required. Commencement of a Hospitality or
Travel and Tourism Diploma is preferred.
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card is a requirement, boating experience
is preferred. (MPL will cover Pleasure Craft training costs).
- Current 1st Aid Certificate; a CPR Certificate is
considered an asset.
- Must have Class 5 Drivers License with a clean Driving Abstract.
- Excellent Customer Service skills with a solid understanding of
guest service principles.
- Physically fit and able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. (i.e. boats,
kayaks and canoes).
- Motivated to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Able to effectively multitask; must be organized and detail
- Neat and clean in appearance with an outgoing personality.
- Ability to adapt and accept direction in a
dynamic environment with changing demands.